BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Evening of December 16th, 1773...

I wrap my arms around myself, shivering in the chilly December weather. My thin shirt and breeches 

do nothing to aid the shudders that rack through my body as the harsh winds cut straight to my bones. 
A light flurry settled around me. The stars, though nearly invisible in the snowfall, twinkled brightly, 
as if shining especially for me and all others like me, those who believed in liberty and equality. They 
would be my guide tonight. 

Okay, for those of you wondering what in the HECK that was, allow me to explain: In English class, 
we're learning about the American Revolution, and on Friday, we had to do this thing where we answered 
one of the questions our teacher put on the board. One question was, "Describe the setting on the evening
of December 16th, 1773. For those of you who don't know, that was the night of the Boston Tea Party. 
So, obviously, I chose that question. I read it out in front of the class, and some of my friends said it was 
really good. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I decided to put it up here anyway. I
have a story formulating in my mind based on this. Let me know if you liked this little thingy, and if
you think I should continue the story.
CJ

1 comments:

Nudge all the way said...

i guess it's okay...after all, it is ur blog